Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Thanksgiving is over and its almost time to head back home.  Spending time with family is always fun and yet it can be hard to say goodbye, especially after having such a good time.  I thought I'd give some highlights of my Thanksgiving trip to Georgia.

.01  I got a car over Thanksgiving.  I have an awesome brother in-law/sister-in-law.  They bought a new vehicle and gave us one of their old ones.  Nice little blessing for sure!

.02  Nathan Rau.  Enough said, Em's brother is absolutely a blast to hang out with.  I think its because he's still young enough that he's immature but he's old enough that he finds things humorous that I find funny as well.  Most of our time was spent pulling pranks on each other or traveling to below...

.03 Quick Trip is probably the coolest gas station that I've ever gone to.  They have great snacks and it is a great little escape.  

.04  Wii has been a great lifesaver for the weekend.  It was great to watch Em's grandparents who are aging play bowling on the wii.  They played in the comfort of the chair/living room and told stories of their past bowling adventures.  Not to mention the niece and nephew enjoyed time on the wii as well.  Most of their time was spent going around in circles playing mario cart.

.05  This year I spent Thanksgiving with my wife's parents and I'm so grateful for such an awesome family.  Its always interesting to join up with another family who has different traditions and ideas.  Not that this is a bad thing.  It just makes things that much more fun.  

I haven't really talked about any particular stories and maybe I'll give that later.  I just wanted to say how great this thanksgiving was!  




No comments: